Skip to main content

Gab Gab Beach, Guam


 I have to post photos of our last occasion with friends on Guam.  I was packing after that and flew to Pohnpei for a week, where the internet is very slow, so I have not been able to continue the story of winter quarter in Guam/Micronesia until now.  We are safely back at home at this point, and school started up today, but the memories of our special trip linger on.


Some friends who work for the Navy made arrangements to get us and any of our friends who wanted to come onto the base for an afternoon at Gab Gab Beach.  What a beautiful spot, among the nicest on Guam, with clear blue water, and lovely sand.


 

 A cabana large enough to shade two picnic tables was reserved for our group.


 To the left was the beach.  Straight ahead is a place dug out and cemented it making a lovely salt water swimming pool for the kids.  In the distant far right is a jetty out into the possibly the best snorkelling on Guam.  Snorkelling photos will be in the next post.


 There was no shortage of fun in this pool.  All the kids had such a nice time. 

 

 

 

 


We had such a nice time swimming and talking in the shade.  We were people from different countries, backgrounds, and food preferences, and yet our friendship was so sweet.  We will miss these dear people so much!

 

Thank you so much for accepting us so quickly and making our time in Guam so special. 


We love you all, and hope to see you again soon.  There is always room at our house for a visit from any of you.   May God bless you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pohnpei, Part 3: Liduhduhniap Falls

(Note to those who weren't with me on Pohnpei in 1988.  You are welcome to listen in, but I am writing mainly for my fellow teachers, myself, and my family.  There will be some things you won't understand.  Just skim those parts, if you wish.) We stayed in this lovely building.  I think it used to be painted blue.  The lower floor used to be Mr. Quail's house.  The lower left apartment was Mr. Keith's.  Remember him?  The maintenance man?  We stayed in his apartment.  The building is still in good condition, but the cupboards and cabinets need help.  The particle board has swelled after all these years, and the drawers no longer work.  The building behind "Mr. Quail's place" is a cafeteria on the ground floor with  girls housing up above.  The boys are in the building that the nice Philippino lady, I think her name was Ramie, who taught typing lived in.  And there are a couple guys in the apartment in the top left of the elementary building.  I th

Guam 2020: Post 2 - First Full Day on Guam

I'm doing pretty good, jet lag wise for the first day. I was able to sleep until 4:45 this morning. On past visits to the island, I woke up at 2 or 3 AM and was unable to go back to sleep. I've been busy all day. We took a hike with our friends, Roger and Amy Krum, and their children Nathan and Alyssa. There is a mural at the parking area that wasn't there before.  It depicts the traditional sailing boat of the Chamorro people, and the ancient latte stones. We went south on the highway, just a little ways to the viewpoint for Cetti Bay.  Then across the road is the trail to Mt. Lam Lam, the highest point on the island.  It was such a beautiful afternoon with temperatures in the low to mid 80's and a nice breeze off the sea.  The trail goes up through grassland savannas with trees and flowers along the way.  We saw the Bamboo orchid that grows in the grass. There were some little blue pea family flowers and some yellow pea family flowers.  

Mother's Day - Meal and Music

To start the morning out, I was banished from our home.  The kids were working on a surprise, and they didn't even allow me to be in my bedroom to wait.  So, I went to garage sales (there aren't many on a Mother's Day morning, but I scouted them out anyway), I bought gas, and went back home.  They said they weren't done yet, only 10 more minutes though.  So Rob took me on a 20 minute walk.  They weren't done when we got back, so they sent me to my room this time (am I in "time-out"), and around 30 minutes later I was finally called for breakfast.   Ok, it was  worth it, waiting for breakfast until 10:30 A.M. this morning.  My kids made a gourmet meal for me, nicer then the finest restaurant around, and there is not chance of me getting "glutened' here. My plate looked like a serving platter itself.  They made Baked Hashbrowns in a heart shaped pan, and then filled the center with my favorite recipe of scrambled tofu, garnished with fre